[Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 06:24:03 -0400

On April 21, 2007 3:49 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> I just tried bar and foo from
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxSocketsInSPAD
>
> and with the information
>
> | then access with the url:
> |
> |  http://localhost:8085/directory/or/file
>
> I got it actually to work.  I have two problems, though:
>
> * The stuff I write after "http://localhost:8085"; is received
>   by foo in all-uppercase always, but I need to preserve case.
>   Is there a case preserving character as "|" in lisp?

I think it is only because this simple example is using the
READ function which treats the input like a Lisp symbol.
There are other functions for handling the input from
streams like READ-LINE. See a GCL language reference such as

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/manuals/libs/gcl-si-2.6.7/gcl-si_5.html

> * How can I close the socket?

Does control-C work? If not, then perhaps there needs to be
a little more code to handle signals. Otherwise for now just
use 'kill' to stop the process from another session.

> And finally, does this work in MS Windows, too?

Yes it works in gcl-2.6.8pre. Unfortunately the current Axiom
binaries for Windows use an older version so you would need
to build Axiom on Windows using build-improvements or by
subsituting gcl-2.6.7pre into the source code from the
axiom--windows--1 tla archive.