Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement
Date: 21 Apr 2007 22:52:30 +0200

Dear all,

I just uploaded a tiny toy hyperdoc replacement on MathAction:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxHyperDocReplacement

Please try the code (better in a new directory)!  Especially on MS Windows!

Here is what's missing:

* a way to specify a function completely. The necessary information is:

  name constructor signature

  In libdb.text we find it as follows:

  ocount`2`x`(_$,ACMachineInteger)->ACInteger`dExponentialGeneratingSeries``

  (o is for operation, d for domain, c for category) I guess we should stick to
  the same conventions.

  The result of getDocumentation$HyperDoc should be a string which is a legal
  filename on all operating systems we want to support, and it should end with
  ".html"

  It is sufficient to support uniquely determined operations and constructors.
  Adding a search facility as in HyperDoc is easy.

* A LaTeX header file that provides commands supported by HyperTeX, like \spad,
  \spadfun, etc.  For example, \spadfun should transform its argument into the
link

  http:\\localhost:8080\?argument

* same thing for ALLPROSE style documentation.

I hope that some of you not occupied with more important things -- like working
on build improvements, waldek sandbox, trunk, or multisort species :-) -- chime
in,

Martin