Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 12:00:29 +0200

On 05/04/2007 02:37 PM, C Y wrote:
--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/hemmecke/document.pdf/download
(unfortunately the graph has to be adjusted---I am too lazy)
Wow.  That's really impressive!  Can you tell me which parts of the
graph are off?  I've been staring at it too long and I'm sure
there's
probably something off but I'm not catching it at the moment :-(.
Oh, if you don't see it then for you probably it is looks OK. In my acroread it cuts off below the Scrn node.

Ah.  Yes, the ps file doesn't translate quite right for inclusion in
pdflatex - that's another reason I go the dvips -> pstopdf route.

Wrong. The .ps file has no hyperlinks so they don't make it into the .pdf.

may track that down someday but IIRC Bill's experience on endpamphlet
was that the dvips route was more robust anyway.  I think that's
probably true, particularly if we ever want to use pstricks in Axiom to
autogenerate plots for figures in pamphlets and external documents:

If you know how to convert the pstricks stuff into .html ... Note, that I finally would like to have a graph with links. Everything that is not able to easily produce such links is out of the game.

I know that there is a package that comes with the beamer style
http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
It seems quite powerful and can produce .pdf.
I haven't, however, experimented with that very much.

Ralf