Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 13:09:32 +0200

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/hemmecke/document.pdf/download

Also as a matter of personal style I find that I do not like see
large blocks of text with colored backgrounds in PDF and dvi
files.

No problem. The coloring is completely optional. Look into the sources

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/hemmecke/cl-web.tar.gz/download

there is a section in the preample that says "optional".
Similarly, you can adjust in ALLPROSE. If you don't say "make colored" you won't get the colors (No colors is the default).

Look also at the generated .dvi file, adjust your dvi viewer
and click  on it. I have incorporated the inverse search
facility.

Perhaps this document looks better in dvi format than it does
in a PDF reader? Unfortunately in other respects most dvi
viewers seem rather deficient compared to PDF.

I use xdvik http://xdvi.sourceforge.net/ .

I wonder if
there is any way to incorporate inverse search into a PDF
document generated from LaTeX literate program sources?

I've never heard about that being possible. Would be nice, but if you then use acroread, that is a pain, since acroread does not automatically reload a file that changed on disk. (Only my experience?)

Ralf