[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for e

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs.
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:54:02 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately, axiom.el is not usable in XEmacs. Here is a translation of the offending key definition. The definitions given below are compatible between Emacs and XEmacs.

(define-key axiom-mode-map [(meta up)] 'axiom-previous-input)
(define-key axiom-mode-map [(meta down)] 'axiom-next-input)

(define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift up)] 'axiom-paint-previous-line)
(define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift down)] 'axiom-paint-next-line)
(define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift left)] 'axiom-paint-previous-char)
(define-key axiom-mode-map [(shift right)] 'axiom-paint-next-char)

But there is more...

When I start M-x axiom from within XEmacs, I see

And if I type the famous 1+1 then my cursor jumps right on the ^ of the above given line and my status line says:

cannot support overlay 'modification-hooks property under XEmacs

So XEmacs users are left out with your mode. :-(