Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 21:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quoting C Y <address@hidden>:

> > Making linedit work on the targeted Lisp platforms might let us
> > avoid the need for clef, for example.
>
> Since gnu readline (or it's equivalent) are available on all the
> likely Axiom targets, I don't see any point to clef (or linedit).

For GCL and Clisp, I believe that is true.  For sbcl and cmucl, I don't
think there is readline support available - I use rlwrap for those if
I'm on the command line.

Linedit would be part of the "everything we need in Lisp" approach :-).
 For GCL with readline I agree it is pretty much redundant.

Cheers,
CY

 the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.