Re: [Axiom-developer] backslash-newline in Makefiles.

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] backslash-newline in Makefiles.
Date: 27 May 2007 17:41:57 -0400

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
> Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Now on the Axisp branch:
> |    address@hidden:/home/swilson/axisp
> |
> |    commit 68ee822219e707ea366fa877e0a99ae8b45c4dc1
> |
> | Remove backslash-newline sequences from single-quoted strings in
> | makefiles.
>
> I may be wrong but believe those are solved problems in
> Axiom.build-improvements, Axiom.wh-sandbox, and Axiom.gdr-sandbox.
>
> It is nice to see them solved again.

I know that.

The issue is simple.  I am not interested in building off of
build-improvments or wh-sandbox.  I am basing my work off of silver.
When I have an improvment to silver, I'll post it and hope that it
gets included.  If not, I'll discover why and do my best to make the
patch acceptable.

I looked first at wh-sandbox and build-improvments to see if I could
cherry-pick the changes which were required.  This appeared to be more
work than the rout I took.

It is not one of my priorities to merge build-improvments or
wh-sandbox with silver.

> Thanks,
>
> -- Gaby

Sincerely,