Re: [Axiom-developer] backslash-newline in Makefiles.

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] backslash-newline in Makefiles.
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is Axiom.  The goal is to redo everything, especially known and
> solved problems. We have about 25 years left for that.

I would rather phrase it as the goal is to implement the solutions to
problems (known or unknown) in a fashion such that the need to
re-implement them again is not foreseeable.  Hence literate
programming, for example.

That does involve a lot of already-trampled ground.  The framework
isn't firm enough yet to result in a consensus direction, but this
doesn't bother me - we will sort it out and move forward.

I, at least, appreciate and thank everyone doing work on the codebase.
Even if it is duplicate work at times, at least people are learning the
codebase!  Disinterest is more fatal to a project than any
disorganization could ever be - apathy is by far the most fatal disease
we could catch.

Cheers, and thanks all!

CY

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.