[Axiom-developer] RE: wiki AxiomSources page

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: wiki AxiomSources page
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:14:18 -0400

Steve,

On May 27, 2007 9:04 PM you wrote:

> I was interested in updating the AxiomSources page on the wiki
> following Cliff's recent concerns:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-05/msg00449.html

As a result of this email I suggested that Cliff might be interested
in making these changes himself. He agreed, so I assigned him a user
id and password that allows him complete access to the Axiom Wiki
website and in particular allows him to bypass the restrictions in
place to help prevent spam (a limit on the number of links allowed
by posters). But so far he has not made these changes.

> I wanted to remove the reference to the TLA branch axiom-language-1
> but it would seem that administrative privliges are required.

You need a user id and password assigned that allows you to bypass
the spam restrictions. I would be very glad to assign such a user
id and password for you. Please send me the user id and initial
password that you would like me to assign by private email.

> Could you delete the reference to axiom-language-1?

I would be very pleased if either you or Cliff or anyone else with
full access to the wiki would make these changes. If for some reason
you cannot, please let me know and I will do it for you.

> I would also be interested in populating a page outlining some
> of the goals of my new Axisp branch.  IIRC (I am a newbie when
> it comes to the wiki), one can create a page by embedding a
> reference in an extant page.

On a wiki anyone can create a new page simply by inserting a new
wiki page name, i.e. a word containing more than one capital letter,
or a phrase enclosed in brackets [like this], while editing an
existing page or when entering a comment.  If a page with that
name already exists, a link to that page will be created. Otherwise
the name will be displayed on the page with a blue question mark.
Clicking on the blue quesition mark allows you to create a new
page with that name.

> Would you be so kind as to make a link to an Axisp page from
> AxiomSources?

Yes I would be glad to do this if absolutely necessary but I
would much prefer for you to be able to do it yourself.