[Axiom-developer] AxiomSources

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AxiomSources
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:43:12 -0400

OK, I have made an initial stab at an updated AxiomSources page.  I
think I missed a number of child pages that need updating, and there are
doubtless many things still to be improved.

One thing that is clear - we really need to straighten out the tarball
situation.  I would suggest someone tar up the latest Gold and put it up
in the Sourceforge files area (maybe Savannah's as well for a mirror, if
it's active).  I think this makes more sense than having it on the
Axiom server itself, although that could be another mirror.

Someone with admin access to the sf and savannah projects will need to
put out the files, and we need to make a new one as well - (unless sept
2005 still corresponds to the latest Gold, I haven't checked yet).

When making a tarball release, it is customary to strip out all the
.cvs/.svn/etc directories - is there a better way to do that than manually?

Anyway, I invite any and all to revert/edit/update what I've put up.
Any mistakes in maintainer identifications are unintentional and I
apologize in advance for any errors.

Cheers,
CY