Re: [Axiom-developer] mnt binary storage

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] mnt binary storage
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:33:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was not aware that your goal was to actually build all of axiom
> using asdf alone.  I thought the target was to get asdf handling
> pamphlets?  Forgive me if I misunderstood.

That's the first goal.  I hope to leverage that ability to be able to
build all of Axiom based on Lisp.  I don't insist on it, but it would
be nice.

> Dumping the images as is currently done yields the benefit that we
> dont carry unneeded code into the final image.  This is, I feel,
> important.

Agreed.  Whatever I come up with (if anything) will have to preserve
that advantage.

> Driving the process using make is, IMHO, still preferred.  Make could
> call out to an ASDF aware lisp at various stages to compile, load,
> and save the system when appropriate.

Yes.  That will probably be how it will be done at first.

Cheers,
CY

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.