[Axiom-developer] Tim and Axiom

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Tim and Axiom
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:33:13 -0500 (CDT)

Tim --

  I'm highly annoyed to find Axiom in almost the same situation as
GCC in mid 1997 where emails were not about technical contributions
but political discussions on one individual's weight on GCC.  The
end result was a successful fork, known as EGCS, which gave us
the wonderful GCC project as we know today.

  I hope you're not intending to push Axiom further into a fork state.
If your unstated desire is that contirbutors leave you alone with Axiom,
please say so frankly. Otherwise, please stop being obnixious -- we have
enough on the plate to make Axiom better.

  As of incremental changes to trunk, I guess you prefer ignore my recent
changes to trunk, which was quickly vocally criticized and you proposed
that you had a mega patch -- yet to be see as of today -- that would
supercede the incremental solving of a fundamental annoying problem.
The solution I proposed was a merge from build-improvements to trunk,
for a solution that has been for months on both build-improvements
and wh-sandbox.

  The rest of your email about "contribute" is utter nonsene.  It is
likely that you were well-intensioned; but the execution is void of
content.