[Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.8 and Axiom

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.8 and Axiom
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:40:08 -0500 (CDT)

Waldek --

   GCL-2.6.8 is still in build-improvements.  It did noy go away.
It is a simple change to test GCL version and decide that anything
prior to GCL-2.6.8pre is not worth it and build our own.  I can
implement that change if you agree.

   For packaging, I believe we can adopt Subversion 1.4.4 solution:
Make the core system available along a separate tarball of the
dependencies.  If you unpack both in the same directory, you have
all dependencies resolved.  I can implement that too -- but I need
to finish another work that is pending.