[Axiom-developer] open source, etc.

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] open source, etc.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:30:29 -0500 (CDT)

Tim --

  I'm also a contributor to GDB.  Indeed, there is no similaritie
between GDB and Axiom -- yet GDB is far more complex than Axiom.
We don't have to deal with political drama all the time.

  If you're afraid that people would improve your work, don't publish
it.  If you're afraid that you would have to deal with people having
different ideas from yours, don't publish your work.  If you're paranoiac
about your work and you have tendency of seeing any modification as taking
away your work, don't publish your work.  If you cannot be flexible
about your ideas, don't publish your work.
Don't go open source.  Don't moralize about open source.

Now, if you're still interested in in making Axiom better let's work on
technical points.