Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad
Date: 06 Jul 2007 20:29:39 -0400

Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:

> > This could cause problems elsewhere.
> > I'd really like to find out why the compiler failed
> > so we can fix the root cause of the problem.
>
> Yes me too, it's on my TODO list but right now I haven't the time nor
> the knowledge to fix it.

Perhaps related to this issue:

An expression involving a `selector' such as i.j is parsed into the
form (|i| |j|), which, without further context provided by `in-scope
exports', looks just like any other function application.

This may not be the root cause of the bug per say, but I feel that
throwing away the information quantifying an expression as involving a
`selector' is a bug in and of itself, and fixing it may very well
solve the issue being discussed.

There are some other issues with the AST representation and its
processing which I would be happy to comment on if interested.

Take care,
Steve