Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: debugging

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: debugging
Date: 16 Jul 2007 00:35:24 -0400

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings!  The disassemble bug we saw earlier (end of file) is due to
> a redefinition of compiler::gazonk-name somewhere in your tree.  (We
> now have a different format for temporary file names.)
>
> Would it be possible to summarize any gcl lisp functions for which
> patching/redefinition is felt necessary in axiom, and work toward
> eliminating same?  The current situation will just create more work as
> GCL and axiom evolve.

Pending a full audit, I believe that with the current patchset against
silver there is no trampling on GCL functions or symbols.  Between
compiler:link and exported syms there is no reason, as far as I can
tell, for Axiom to insist on trying to manage GCL internals or patch.

We can always work towards enriching exported interfaces if needed in
the future.

Sincerely,
Steve