[Axiom-developer] Re: [NOT :-)] Time to say good bye to Tim.

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [NOT :-)] Time to say good bye to Tim.
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:21:48 -0400

Dear All:

It appears to me that there has been quite a lot of
misunderstandings among the regulars. At least, I have
misunderstood Tim and I have publicly used adjectives on him
that are inaccurate (narrow-minded, slow, inflexible, and
having an ego). For these inaccuracies, I might have added
to, or even created the impression to others unfamiliar with
the inner workings (myself included) that Tim is what those
words describe and I sincerely apologize to Tim and you for
carelessness.  But my intention is certainly not any kind of
personal attack at Tim. (I blame Tim :-) for leaving me with
those impressions and am glad to have a chance to correct
them!)

But Tim deserves a clarification:

On narrow-mindedness and inflexibity:
Tim has been open-minded (perhaps with some proding) to try,
or allow others to try, or continues to use despite personal
frustration, or facilitate others to continue to use: SVN,
wiki, aldor, and silver, despite personal disagreement.
The only things he seems inflexible about are literate
programming methods and quality control.

On slowness:
This should be put in perspective: Tim is worried about the
quality of the results and has tried his best to maintain
the system. In his 30 year horizon, things are not slow and
Tim is not slow, just meticulous (I hope this word is okay).

On having an ego:
We all do, except Tim :-).

I probably (with my big mouth) also have described others,
particularly Waldek, Bill, Martin and Ralf, inaccurately. To
them I also offer my apologies. Again, my intention is not
personal attack. I promise to be more careful to avoid
judging others (or I'll be judged).

And as to Martin's accusations of Tim's recent actions, Tim
has to answer them (at least that would clarify things and
remove possible misunderstandings).

William