[Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion
Date: 21 Jul 2007 11:42:54 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Stephen,
>
> The current silver axiom.sty definition of the axiom environment
> definition uses the alltt verbatim environment which is shipped
> with standard latex. This could trivially be changed to use the
> fancyvrb environment.
>
> See the silver file src/doc/axiom.sty.pamphlet, lines 16-63
> In particular, see line 53 for the use of alltt. Changing this
> to fancyvrb would mean that
>
> \begin{chunk}{chunkname}
>
> would use the fancyvrb environment.

I looked at the code there as I used to do most of my typesetting work
in plain TeX and am not up to speed on LaTeX yet, so I needed a bit of
inspiration on how to get my local experiment working :)

Out of curiosity, what are the plans for the \begin{chunk} environment
w.r.t active escape characters?  It would be possible to reduce them
to an out-fix delimiter pair.  For example, if the @ sign were used you
could write @\LaTeX\@ in the running code, and then maybe @\atsign@
for a literal `@' character.

Also, is it possible to change (now or in the future) the verbatim
environment used by the \begin{chunk} construct in the sty file
without need to audit all your code for active characters?

Thanks,
Steve