Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:18:27 -0400

On 7/22/07, Franz Lehner wrote:
This is what I was trying to do.
MRING.spad is generated in the weave step but the MRCategory chunk does
not make it there for some reason.
It appears however in
src/algebra/extract-spad.mk
Grepping around I saw that e.g. AbelianMonoidRing
also appears in various other places of the source,

src/doc/bookvol1.pamphlet
src/doc/topics.data
src/doc/book.pamphlet
src/share/algebra/compress.daase
src/share/algebra/libaxiom.al
src/share/algebra/command.list
src/interp/daase.lisp.pamphlet

to name a few which may be relevant.
Do I have to insert the new category into these databases per hand to
make it visible?

No. The src/doc files are not involved. All of the database files are
re-generated dynamically during the build. I am not sure about
command.list but looking at the makefile in share suggests that it is
not necessary for what you want to do.

wh-sandbox uses a different bootstrap method than Axiom Silver and
build-improvements, so you might need to do things slightly
differently. But most important in any case is the contents of the
file:

 wh-sandbox/src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet

grep for 'AMR' (the abbreviation for AbelianMonoidRing) in this file.
E.g. in SPADLIST, CATLIST, CATDOMS

I think that at least you will need to add your new 'MRCAT' to each of
these lists.

If you are still having trouble I will have time to try this myself
only much later today and I will try to give you more specific
suggestions then.