Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero

From: Franz Lehner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MonoidWithZero
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:44:27 +0200 (CEST)

wh-sandbox uses a different bootstrap method than Axiom Silver and
build-improvements, so you might need to do things slightly
differently. But most important in any case is the contents of the
file:

wh-sandbox/src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet

grep for 'AMR' (the abbreviation for AbelianMonoidRing) in this file.
E.g. in SPADLIST, CATLIST, CATDOMS

I think that at least you will need to add your new 'MRCAT' to each of
these lists.
indeed adding MRCAT to SPADLIST and CATLIST makes MRCAT.spad and MRCAT.o appear in the build directory.
Adding it to CATDOMS triggers an early error when compiling VECTOR.
However when it comes to compiling MRING, MRCAT is invisible as before:

   initializing NRLIB MRING for MonoidRing
   compiling into NRLIB MRING
   cannot produce category object:
(|MonoidRingCategory| R M)
   finalizing NRLIB MRING
   Internal Error
   Unexpected error in call to system function getSlotFromFunctor

If you are still having trouble I will have time to try this myself
only much later today and I will try to give you more specific
suggestions then.
thanks so far, later today will be tomorrow for me ...

regards
Franz