Re: [Axiom-developer] literate programming and Claerbout's Insight

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] literate programming and Claerbout's Insight
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, C Y wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> | > Currently, Axiom isn't.  But if its proponents are convinced that
> | > they do should their best to chase away "novices", then the
> system is
> | > doomed to premature death.
> |
> | I don't see that we are chasing away novices - we ARE setting goals
> | that are not easy to meet.
>
> When they are told that to look somewhere else, that clearly
> indicates that they are not welcome.

No, it just means that Axiom is probably not (currently) the tool they
need and may not become that tool given the directions the project is
developing in.  It is an attempt to be helpful, not an attempt to chase
away.  Like any product, Axiom is not suitable for all purposes.

CY

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222