Re: [Axiom-developer] Compile failure on Linux x86-64 (Error 255)

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compile failure on Linux x86-64 (Error 255)
Date: 14 Aug 2008 09:30:15 +0200

Adam Williamson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, all. I am updating old packages in Mandriva, and I've come to
> Axiom. Our current package is for a version from 2005, and doesn't
> rebuild cleanly.

Since you didn't get any answer, may I suggest that you try to use FriCAS.  On
user level it is compatible with Axiom, but it builds at least on linux, macosx
and ms windows, using configure and make.  Moreover, you can choose to use a
variety of common lisp implementations to build it (eg., sbcl, clisp, ecl,
Closure CL, gcl) and are not tied to gcl.

Marting