Re: [Axiom-developer] Examples on functions

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Examples on functions
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:46:42 +0000

Dear Tim,

> On another topic, Axiom algebra is integrating the regression test
> files with the algebra sources. If you generate new code I beg you
> to write as many tests as you can, especially including a test for
> each function.

I try to comply with this rule (ralf also asked for documentation) for
the symmetric
functions and hope they make their way into AXIOM(TM) too.

However a fully documeted code is out of my working power, there is just far too
much to say about symmetric functions.

You saw possibly the mail of Martin on Clifford algebras. I have tried
to test some
Clifford issues in FriCAS (no AXIOM(TM) on my computer currently) but
that should
be identical. FriCAS is assuming that the quadratic form is diagonal,
that is very bad.
Perhaps I will find time to improve that. I tried to put up a sandbox
on newsynthesis,
but I possibyl forgot my user paseword there, since the system didn't
let me create
a new sandbox

Ciao
BF.

--
% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%       Research Fellow, School of Computer Science, Univ. of Birmingham