Re: [Axiom-developer] Examples on functions

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Examples on functions
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 00:31:40 +0100

As for documentation, it helps to include a small paragraph that
contains enough so that we can find the rest in the literature.
Even something as simple as a link to Eric's mathworld or wikipedia
or a book reference would be a start. When I worked on the special
function E1 at least there was a reference to Luke's book. Nobody
can really expect you to write a tutorial or a book chapter but
references help a lot.

I would like to strongly support that.

Mathematics is such a huge field and with current technology we have to means to at least include a URL to help people that want to review the code but don't know everything about the background (yes sometimes following different books lead to different code design). It is vital to at least give enough hints to the literature.

Ralf