Re: [Axiom-developer] Kernel documentation

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Kernel documentation
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:09:52 -0400

Excellent.

I would comment that Axiom now supports "examples" of functions.
You add examples to documentation using ++X lines. For example,

pop_! : % -> S
  ++ pop the first element off the array stack
  ++ It destructively modifies its argument
  ++
  ++X a:ArrayStack INT:= arrayStack [1,2,3,4,5]
  ++X pop! a
  ++X a

The ++X comments are printed when someone displays the operation:

)d op pop!
There are 4 exposed functions called pop! :
   [1] ArrayStack D1 -> D1 from ArrayStack D1 if D1 has SETCAT
   [2] Dequeue D1 -> D1 from Dequeue D1 if D1 has SETCAT
   [3] D -> D1 from D if D has SKAGG D1 and D1 has TYPE
   [4] Stack D1 -> D1 from Stack D1 if D1 has SETCAT

Examples of pop! from ArrayStack

a:ArrayStack INT:= arrayStack [1,2,3,4,5]
pop! a

Examples of pop! from Dequeue

a:Dequeue INT:= dequeue [1,2,3,4,5]
pop! a