Re: [Axiom-developer] On syntactic coloring of language

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] On syntactic coloring of language
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:26:15 +0200

> I agree that those who choose color highlighting should choose colors
> carefully. I would prefer background coloring only and not text
> coloring, to avoid the precise problems you illustrated. Text emphasis
> should be shown using different typefaces, and in rare situations, a
> solid color like red.

We are no longer in the early days of computers.
And we are dealing with open source.

I think that it's nowadays totally easy to separate style elements from
the content and let the *reader* decide what style he/she wants. In
LaTeX we have .sty files, for HTML there is .css etc. etc.

The only issue is if the reader has no choice than to read badly styled
text.

Ralf