Re: Axiom musings...

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: Axiom musings...
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 19:53:03 -0500

One of the struggles of working with first-class dependent types
is that they can be created "on the fly". Ideally, when used, the
type information can be "factored out" to yield a specialized
version that is more efficient. The idea is best described in a
book, called Partial Evaluation, which used the type information
to collapse and specialize a function.

Jones, Gomard, and Sestoft "Partial Evaluation and Automatic
Program Generation" (1993) Prentice Hall