axiom-math

Re: FW: [Axiom-math] if-then-else: what is wrong?

From: root
Subject: Re: FW: [Axiom-math] if-then-else: what is wrong?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:58:29 -0500

> )help command
>
> 1) is present in axiom via ")ap pattern". It could be extended so that
> searches could be afforded also on small description of commands
> (something like the "apropos" command in Unix).
>
> 2), AFAIK, is only limited to ")di op command" and I must say that I don't
> find it very useful. For example ")di op extendedEuclidean" says there are
> 2 functions, but it doesn't say anything else about them. As another
> example, I couldn't find any way to get on line a description of the
> syntax of "if" or the "for" loop.

this just runs a lisp command. write a lisp function that delivers the
help text you find useful and we can integrate it into the system easily.
you probably don't even need axiom loaded to write the command. most of
the information axiom knows comes from the databases. there is a standalone
program called 'asq' which knows how to look up answers in the databases.

help text for 'if', etc would have to be written which is the hard part.
making it work inside the system is easy.