axiom-math

[Axiom-math] Hyperdoc crash

From: Fabio Stumbo
Subject: [Axiom-math] Hyperdoc crash
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:46:17 +0100 (CET)

I think you should try Axiom's hyperdoc browser. (Unfortunately
it is only currently available in the linux version of Axiom.)
Hyperdoc provides a lot of useful information of this kind for
the new Axiom user.

Fortunately, I use only linux!
Anyway, I must say that I never liked the Hyperdoc (moreover,
it crashes quite often).

Again, I agree. I also do not use Hyperdoc very much. My experience
is also that it often crashes, although I am not yet able to
document a specific sequence which causes a crash. If we could
report and reproduce such bugs, then it should not be difficult
to correct the problems.

We talked some day ago about hyperdoc and its crashes. I realized that most of the crashes I experienced were in the browse section: if I enter some search text and then I click either "Documentation" or "Complete" then Hyperdoc crashes and I get the following error in axiom:

   >> System error:
   Cannot open the file /usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/algebra/libdb.text.

On the other hand, other types of search works.

So it seems that I am missing this file and, in fact, I have no *.text in my axiom directory. Yet, when I compiled it, compilation reported no errors.

Fabio