baby-devel

[baby-devel] Chess evaluator

From: Tim Nesham
Subject: [baby-devel] Chess evaluator
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:48:23 -0600

I have written a Chess Viewer front-end in Java Swing from the perspective of a Chess Player looking to improve his/her game. Currently in shows graphically the chess moves from PGN files and can store and retrieve from common DBMSs. Dynamic query and Drag-N-Drop capable. Additions soon to come involve FEN lookups and position evaluation. Cross-referencing positional analysis for finding common mistakes in a players game.

Since I don't want to reinvent the wheel I am interested in the Baby evaluator, when will it be ready? Are there other evaluators anyone knows about? My application is free and is only intended to help improve a person's chess game, mainly mine!

Thanks!