baby-devel

Re: [baby-devel] Chess evaluator

From: Jerome Kunegis
Subject: Re: [baby-devel] Chess evaluator
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:08:18 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

> Since I don't want to reinvent the wheel I am interested in the Baby
> evaluator, when will it be ready? Are there other evaluators anyone knows
> about?  My application is free and is only intended to help improve a
> person's chess game, mainly mine!

The evaluator already works.  However, the other programs that are
part of BabyChess are not ready yet.  If you want I can post the
current release, where the evaluator should work.

I wrote the chess evaluator definition a few weeks ago, and I don't
think anyone has implemented it.

Note also that BabyChess is C++;  it must be compiled on each
platform, so I don't know how it works together with Java.  Is it even
possible to create child processes in Java?

BTW, what's the name of your chess client.  Is there a homepage for
it?

Regards,
--Jérôme KUNEGIS.