[Bayonne-devel] Answer Supervision

From: Perry Sherman
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Answer Supervision
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:39:34 -0600

I am working on an application that focuses on outgoing calls (uses the
D/4PCI card).  To initiate the call, I am using the "dtmf" command -
originally tried the "dial" command but it introduced about 15 sec of
silence after the call was answered before the audio prompt would begin
to play.  With "dtmf", the prompt begins immediately after the phone
number has been dialed so now I've added a "sleep" to account for the
time for someone to answer the call.

What I am really missing though, is some way to tell when (or if) the
call itself is answered.  With such an event in hand, I'd be able to
synchronize the playing of the prompt to start only after the call is
answered.  At the moment, even when the call is not answered, the script
runs merrily along playing the prompt and then times out after the
expected dtmf input is not received from the called party.

Is there any way to get at an "answer supervision" type event with
Bayonne so the script behaves more intelligently?

Thanks for any help.

    - Perry