[Bayonne-devel] Answer supervision

From: Perry Sherman
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Answer supervision
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:52:25 -0600

I'm working on an application (using D/4PCI board) that will deal with
both incoming and outgoing calls.  Beginning with some scripting on the
outgoing side I have run into a problem that doesn't seem to be covered
in the available documentation.  After originating a call, the called
party can pick up the phone but has to wait 10 to 15 secs before hearing
the prompt.  To avoid this delay I'd like to be able to do is something
like the following:

    dial %ph_num
    if (%condition = %answer) ::answered

%condition would be dependent on getting some form of answer supervision
event from the H/W.  I have no idea whether the H/W can even provide
this indication to bayonne.  If it (and bayonne) can't, do I have any
options?

Thanks.

    - Perry