[Bayonne-devel] Newbe wonders, Bayonne 0.7.6 or wait for 1.0?

From: Sheble, Timothy K.
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Newbe wonders, Bayonne 0.7.6 or wait for 1.0?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:32:49 -0800

I am happy to have found bayonne-devel.  It has been a wealth of infomation.
I took the time to scan through the messages looking for what I hoped would
help me with the solution I am looking for. I must say now that I am
overwelmed.

This is my first postings, so I feel obliged to intoduce myself.  I am an
integration engineer that is not much of a software engineer.  I have only
made what I would classify as fundamental accomplishments in my scripting
capabilities.I fear that I can't be much help other than mabey to document
what I encounter as I become more familiar with GNU Bayonne.  Nevertheless,
I am hoping that someone can help me in my endeavors however unworthy I may
be.

PBX - Panasonic DBS with API card
Computer  -  GNU/ Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.9-31
Telephony Card - Dialogic D/41ESC or VFX/41ESC PCI (I am not exactly sure)

Packages -
GNU Bayonne 0.7.6
GNU Common C++ 1.9.4
GNU ccScript 1.8.4
GNU ccAudio 0.5.3
GNU ccRTP 0.7.2
libhoard 2.0.6
Bayonne DB 0.2.0
Apennine 0.1.0
Latest Lis
Dialogic 5.1 SDK
uCommon
dbs_server

All went relatively well except I did not install Apennine because it could
not see the XMLRPC that I was looking for even though I find that there is a
perl XMLRPC installed.
The reading that I have done on bayonne-devel leads me to believe that there
is a GNU XMLRPC that I should use.  I don't know.

Now I am asking myself what should I do next.  I though to ask for some
sample scripts to get me started.  In this respect, I am elated to read
about one of the feature sets that are forecated for the GNU Bayonne 1.0
release, namely, prepackaged applications and applets.  I am particularly
interested in "DBS_server reincarnated," not that it was ever really dead.
I saw a reference to it appear in an article written by David Sugar when he
was writing about it as a package for uCommon.  Then, once again, I read
that support  for the Panasonic DBS potentially or for sure to be introduced
with the GNU Bayonne 1.0 release. Now I am kind of dizzy.  I have been
hopping from concept to concept and release to release over approximately 3
years of messages.

Is there a SMDI plugin that I can use for a Panasonic DBS? Will I find it in
the "switchlink" project, uCommon, or the GNU Bayonne 1.0 release?  Will I
be able to integrate with what I have installed now, or will I have to wait
for the GNU Bayonne 1.0 release?

At first I was looking for a solution to convert the API interface output
into an SMDI packet using the server as a translator or a bridge to another
voice mail server that would understand SMDI.

Now, I am hoping to put together a voicemail server and an IVR server
initially, so that I can learn more about this exciting endeavor that is GNU
to me.  (pun intended)

Would someone kindly please give me some guidance ?

Thank you.

Timothy  Sheble