[Bayonne-devel] Re: Major problems compiling Bayonne 1.2.6.

From: Erik Enge
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Major problems compiling Bayonne 1.2.6.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:54:54 -0400

Erik Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> I see what is happening.  --without-mysql is being translated to
> --with-mysql=no.  How can I not compile in MySQL support?  I have
> tried giving it the right path but then it blows up:

Mark Lipscombe gave me the answer on #bayonne;

  <snewpy> kire: libxml2-devel isn't installed, and xml is required for
  the mysql and postgres modules... install libxml2-devel

  <snewpy> [...] --without-xml may solve the problem too..

For posterity.

> Also, I am not compiling as root and I discovered the following:
>
>   make[2]: Entering directory `/share/pak/bayonne/bayonne-1.2.6/server'
>   if test ! -z ".orig" ; then cp bayonne.conf /etc/bayonne.conf.orig ; fi
>   cp: cannot create regular file `/etc/bayonne.conf.orig': Permission denied
>
> Why would this happen when I have a different prefix?

I still think this is a bug.

  address@hidden ./configure --help | grep sysconf
    --sysconfdir=DIR       read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]

The configure script clearly says that it should go in PREFIX/etc so
there should be no need to mess with /etc.

Erik.