[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne 1.2.6 seems to auto-detect sysconfdir.

From: Erik Enge
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne 1.2.6 seems to auto-detect sysconfdir.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:56:57 -0400

We want to run multiple versions of Bayonne.  For example, on each new
release we install the new release (while still retaining the previous
release) to test and ensure that it will work the way we want it to.
Then, once we are confident it will work ok, we roll it out.  We leave
the old release in for several weeks just incase something bad happens
so we can rollback.

It seems that Bayonne 1.2.6 (haven't tested others) looks, by default,
for /etc/bayonne even if I specified --sysconfdir to configure.  Once I
removed /etc/bayonne it "defaulted" back to what I had specified as
--sysconfdir.

The problem with this is that we could potentially have a running
Bayonne with /etc/bayonne and one with /test/etc/bayonne.  Our /test
installation would use /etc/bayonne and thus get very confused.

Am I missing something?

Erik.