[Bayonne-devel] Re: Bayonne logging not happening in /var/log/bayonne

From: Erik Enge
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Bayonne logging not happening in /var/log/bayonne
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:09:33 -0400

Tusarkanti Nayak <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to log the events from a bayonne script (ccscript).

I am assuming you are using slog.

> It seems the files I have defined in bayonne.conf is not getting
> updated. (I have checked with the permissions).

I am assuming you are talking about `logpath'.

> Also I would like to know if i can log separately in to a file (that
> means the slog file output to a separate file) ?

This is not likely as slog just sends a message to syslog and you can't
easily filter it out from all the other syslog messages.  You can,
however, parse them out later by grepping for "bayonne" or something
equally unique and redirecting that output to a bayonne-specific log
file.

This is what David replied when I asked him (you should search the
archives) whether he thought having access.log and error.log (Apache
style) would be a nice feature: