Re: [Bayonne-devel] owner/mode of files recorded from bayonne

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] owner/mode of files recorded from bayonne
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:58:02 -0400

Hmm...I guess it's ignoring the group and using the default group for the user login. You could try running it as user=apache, which presumably also has it's default login group as apache :).

The file mask is also not configrable. Maybe it should be added and made as such....and the user/group selection stuff should be fixed. I will look into that, it should be a small fix in server.cpp and/or config.cpp to get that correct.

Damjan wrote:
Bayonne normally runs under the user and group permissions of a matching user and group account named "bayonne" (see user= and group= directive in [server]). If the account it intends to run under cannot be found, it either chooses nobody, or, as in this case, falls back to a choice of where it think "nobody" is set to...

Hmm, strange I do have a nobody user with uid=99 but bayonne still used 65535

Anyway, I changed user=myuser and group=apache, but recorded files are
created with myuser.myuser and file mode 0660. I even set the group of the directory to apache and set the setgroupid
bit on the directory, but nothing changed, files  are myuser.myuser/0660

Is there a way to change the file mode of the files?
Or I'll have to change the primary group of myuser to apache?!?

Btw, I'm running 1.2.11 on RedHat-7.3.