[Bayonne-devel] The next production release update, 1.2.12, long overdue

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] The next production release update, 1.2.12, long overdue
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:27 -0400

I have prepared a new 1.2.12 release of Bayonne which should be out soon. This release includes the experimental new multi-party audio conference patch for use with Dialogic hardware. With it I have also experimented with generating a single cross-reference framework document with doxygen that covers bayonne as well as the common c++ classes, all in one organized and cross-linked class framework reference document. As a pdf, it came out at around 800 pages. I am also looking at some new options for providing pre-built packages for 1.2.x.

Between illness, a lack of time, a cross-state move, and a number of other things, it's been awhile since I have been able to properly address some issues that were left in the 1.2.x releases. Now that I have facilities needed to maintain the production release at our new location, I do intend to better maintain the 1.2.x series better and to resolve open issues, even after we have a new production series in active release. This leads to a question; should we continue using Common C++ 1.0.13 for the base support lib for future Bayonne 1.2.x production updates, or should we update Bayonne 1.2.x to use the current 1.2.5 release of Common C++ (and perhaps upgrade to the new ccaudio as well)?

Since this is a question that effects people who have had 1.2.x production environments that in a number of cases have been running for one or more years, I would rather hear some feedback from those who have been running production environments rather than just making an arbitrary choice for them.