[Bayonne-devel] Feeding live continous audio

From: Alessandro Ranellucci
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Feeding live continous audio
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:25:44 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to Bayonne. I found it looking for an open source framework to
build a simple telephony service, but I wasn't able to point out if it
suits my needs. I want to have the user select a number and then listen
to a web radio. The original audio feed is of course a live continous
mp3 stream, but I can use some live encoder to get other formats and
use, for example, a named pipe instead of a network socket.

The question is: how do I connect the user to this live stream? It would
be nice also to have the user press a button when he/she wants the audio
to stop. One last note: I'd like to build everything using Perl.

Any advice about this? Thank you in advance,

  - Alessandro