bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] incredible speed increment of KDE head!

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] incredible speed increment of KDE head!
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:39:46 +0330

On Sunday 19 January 2003 18:55, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Sunday 19 January 2003 15:25, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> > I just finished compilation of HEAD branch of KDE - say KDE3.2- It seems
> > there is not much difference between 3.1. But trying to execute some
> > application uncovers the incredible speed of new KDE. I couldn't believe
> > my eyes! Konqueror is opened just in a blink. I really don't know how
> > this could be happen. I supposed there should not have done so much on
> > HEAD branch of KDE, when we are still waiting for release?!
> > cheers Arash
>
> Sounds good!
>
> Can you confirm if this is also the case for the RELEASE version?
>
> Arash

I don't think this SPEED thing will go to the KDE 3.1 release. Arash B is
talking about KDE 3.2, and KDE 3.1 has been in deep freeze for so long, that
I don't think any new features had found their way in to it for a couple of
months. So With all the RCs that KDE 3.1 is generating, I don't think it is
surprising that KDE 3.2 has some new features (like this speed thing that was
mentioned).

--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.