bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Libranet

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: [linuxiran] Libranet
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:37:26 +0300

Hi there:

ّ I have received Libranet GNU/Linux 2.8 and am currently testing it. I
requested Libranet to give me a copy of their distro to me (as a editor
of linuxiran.org!) and they instantly sent me a copy.

I am currently testing it, and will soon write a review of it on
linuxiran.org! So far I have to say that it has even surprassed my
expectations, and is by far the best distro I have ever seen (for x86).
It is a perfect Debian, a Debian in which everything works.

Arash, I will send you a copy of it soon, so that you can ditribute it
among interested parties.

And BTW it comes with a normal KDE 3.1 and includes FarsiKDE by default.
I also have to mention that for farsi keyboard layout, they have
changed the default XFree86 keyboard layout, and have replaced it with
the one we have at www.farsikde.org (made by Robert Brady, Roozbeh
Pournader and Arash Zeini). So out of the box, it supports everything,
even farsi numbers !!! I really don't know how these Libranet guys came
up with the idea of using the correct keyboard layout (no other distro
as fars as I know has done this) but anyway, I give them a thumbs up!

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.