bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:21:56 +0300

On Thursday 10 July 2003 01:44, Hooman Baradaran wrote:

> > If you realy need IE that bad, you can run IE 5.5 using Wine. I
> > once tried it just for fun, and it worked perfectly well and stable
> > (more stable that IE on Windows). IE 6.0 still doesn't work using
> > Wine, but that really doesn't matter as for compatibility with
> > legacy web pages, IE 5.5 should be more than enough.
>
> I'll try. You never know what works with wine.

You can always know what works in wine if you check
http://appdb.winehq.com/ out :-)

> I could get Acrobat 5 to work with wine nice and easy

Why did you need wine to run Acrobat 5 when Adobe has a native Linux
port of Acrobat 5?

It is like running Mozilla under wine. Ofcourse it works (perfectly I
have to say) but what is the point of it?

> but Office XP and some other programs didn't.

Office XP doesn't work with standard wine. But it works using Code
Weavers Cross Over Office 2.0 Although Cross over office is a
proprietary product and is not free.

And NO I don't it that bad!

> Yes, as one of my profs always says Microsoft ROCKS ... only in
> business not anything software related.

Well actualy even my business prof here is aware that M$ is a ilegal
monopoly. Many of the business people are at least aware of the story
of IE Vs. Netscape.

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.