bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?

From: Hooman Baradaran
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:39:09 -0400

> I) Using kdebindings you can easily tell konqueror to use gecko instead
> of khtml
I found kdebindings but I could only find packages for older Mandrake versions
so I thought maybe it is itegerated into another package. So I open File
Associations and tried to add something besides KHTML into "Embedding"
section but there is no other HTML viewer there.

> II) Banking with khtml is still not that good. Feel free to file a bug
> on kde.org sometimes, a developer might fix it
I have reported many bugs ... but until they fix it I still have some banking
to do!

> III) Having said these, I should say that khtml is a fine html rendering
> engine, and in majority of cases is faster that gecko. Remember that
> Apple Chose KHTML instead of Gecko to develop Safari (which in my brief
> encounter with this borwser, it really is the fastest browser on
> earth).

I love KHTML but it is sort of incomplete (comparing to Gecko). I know Apple
has release a change log that I hope KDE developers will use.

--
Hooman Baradaran
address@hidden