bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] i18n of Mandrake Linux

From: Hooman Baradaran
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] i18n of Mandrake Linux
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:54:23 -0400

On Tuesday July 8 2003 3:09 am, Abbas Izad wrote:
> >In fact if you want to use KDE Farsi you have to it via Mandrake. There is
> >no
> >KDE-fa package in Mandrake.
> >So this probably means there are no Persian volunteers and all the work
> > for Farsi is done by the Mandrake guys.
>
> Mandrake guys has just take care of setting Farsi keymap and locale which
> somebody else
> (sherif Univ.) worked on! No translation at all available in Mandrake right
> now!

You're right, I just meant that they have integerated KDE-Farsi into Mandrake
local package (instead of a seperate package for KDE).

> You are RIGHT! Time is too valuable to waste on figuring out how to setup
> your scanner!

> I waited some days to see if somebody is intressted in this but your
> respond here is the only one!
> Yesterday I took coordination roll of translation of Mandrake and I
> appreciate if you or anybody else
> join me in this effort.
>
> Thank you hooman for your respond! I guess you live outside of Iran, is
> that correct?
Yes, I live in Canada.
As I said my Farsi is not good enough for translating, especially since I
don't know a single technical word in Farsi. If you read my articles I always
used English names (maybe unfortunately, but IMO not).

I think you should send one on the Mandrake mailing lists instead. If I
haven't confused it with KDE there is a mailing list for FA (or atleast Intl)
or even better you can send one to a more general user mailing list.

I am trying to get people to use Linux and Mandrake is what I use for now.

Hooman

--
Hooman Baradaran
address@hidden