bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:01:34 +0300

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 22:21, Hooman Baradaran wrote:
> I like KHTML but there are some issued with KHTML that make me use
> Mozilla Firebird or other Gecko browsers for some pages, for example:
> 1. Some Farsi page load more accurate in Gecko (e.g.
> http://iranstar.hoomanb.com)
> 2. In some secure page KHTML doesn't work (like my online Banking) or
> crashes in the middle of an online form processing.
> 3. Some pages (like tables with height) are not rendered correctly in
> KHTML. And I was wondering if there is a hack to use Gecko in
> Konqueror. I know we can for example chose "Text Editor" instead of
> "KHTML" in "Veiw Mode" so there must be a way to creat such plug in.
> Does anymore know of such plug-in?
> It is nice to be able to see such pages correctly by using the
> Konqueror menu instead of another browser. And besides I have a hard
> time explaining to beginners (like my mother :) ) that they have to
> use "another browser" for some pages.
>
> Hooman

I) Using kdebindings you can easily tell konqueror to use gecko instead
of khtml

II) Banking with khtml is still not that good. Feel free to file a bug
on kde.org sometimes, a developer might fix it

III) Having said these, I should say that khtml is a fine html rendering
engine, and in majority of cases is faster that gecko. Remember that
Apple Chose KHTML instead of Gecko to develop Safari (which in my brief
encounter with this borwser, it really is the fastest browser on
earth).

Cheers

Aryan