bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?

From: Hooman Baradaran
Subject: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:21:12 -0400

I like KHTML but there are some issued with KHTML that make me use Mozilla
Firebird or other Gecko browsers for some pages, for example:
1. Some Farsi page load more accurate in Gecko (e.g.
http://iranstar.hoomanb.com)
2. In some secure page KHTML doesn't work (like my online Banking) or crashes
in the middle of an online form processing.
3. Some pages (like tables with height) are not rendered correctly in KHTML.
And I was wondering if there is a hack to use Gecko in Konqueror. I know we
can for example chose "Text Editor" instead of "KHTML" in "Veiw Mode" so
there must be a way to creat such plug in.
Does anymore know of such plug-in?
It is nice to be able to see such pages correctly by using the Konqueror menu
instead of another browser. And besides I have a hard time explaining to
beginners (like my mother :) ) that they have to use "another browser" for
some pages.

Hooman

--
Hooman Baradaran