bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Gecko in Konqueror?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:21:11 +0430

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 23:51, Hooman Baradaran wrote:

> I like KHTML but there are some issued with KHTML that make me use
> Mozilla Firebird or other Gecko browsers for some pages, for example:

I agree that they all work differently.

> 1. Some Farsi page load more accurate in Gecko (e.g.
> http://iranstar.hoomanb.com)

It renders fine for me, using Konqueror 3.1.2 on KDE 3.1.2. The only thing
I can see is the way the Iranian brackets are rendered. Is this what you
mean?

> 2. In some secure page KHTML doesn't work (like my online Banking) or
> crashes in the middle of an online form processing.
> 3. Some pages (like tables with height) are not rendered correctly in
> KHTML. And I was wondering if there is a hack to use Gecko in Konqueror.
> I know we can for example chose "Text Editor" instead of "KHTML" in
> "Veiw Mode" so there must be a way to creat such plug in.
> Does anymore know of such plug-in?

I think, I am not sure, there is a way to do this. You need to install the
kdebindings package. That one should give you an option to do so.

--
The FarsiKDE Project
www.farsikde.org