bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Converting database

From: Hamid Nouri
Subject: [linuxiran] Converting database
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:36:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I want to write a network-based program in linux and
have a serious problem with an old Foxpro under DOS
database.  AFAIK there is no certain and formal way to
convert this database to PostgreSQL or any other DB's
under linux. I think we'll have problems with
preserving relations and converting DOS Farsi font to
a unicode font(such as MS Arial or LinuxTahoma). I
want to collect some hints in this regard. Your
valuable ideas and expreinces really will be usefull.
Everything would be appreciateable.

greetings

Hamid