bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] http://www.xouvert.org/

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] http://www.xouvert.org/
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:48:45 +0300

On Monday 18 August 2003 09:46, Zoup wrote:
> Xouvert is the open, innovative X server that brings tomorrows
> technology to your desktop today! Xouvert is an experimental branch
> of XFree86. We are doing everything we can to make the barrier to
> entry low for potential contributors. Our organization is inspired by
> that of the Linux kernel, Debian distribution, and GNOME and KDE
> desktops.
> http://www.xouvert.org/
>
> its Great ! :)

Good to see XFree86 at last is being forked. Interestingly, the project
(with it's weird name) is not placing it self as an opponent to
XFree86, it rather wants to complement it.

I also do not see any mention of Keith Packard (the original person who
planed to fork X) here. It seems this is different than www.xwin.org
which is packard's project.

Enough rumur. Let's see what comes out of this project, and wether we
can forget all the problems of XFree86 or not/

Cheers
--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri